Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring is Bustin' out all over!

I love spring, especially here in Colorado. It's so beautiful everywhere! While my mom was here, she helped me clean out the front flower bed and clean it up to give everything room to come up. We've got various flowers, most of which I have no idea what they are, coming up in the front. Yesterday, I discovered that we have lettuce growing in our garden. Lots of it!
Yesterday, I cleaned out the back flower bed and Justin mowed the lawn for the first time this spring. We went to the store and got a bunch of seeds and some flowers for me to plant.
I've never really had a real garden or flower bed before, so we'll see if I can pull this off. My strategy is to plant, water, and see what happens. I don't have the knowledge to know exactly when to plant stuff, exactly how much to water, how to keep them pruned the right way, or anything like that. So, if it's a mess, at least it'll be a colorful mess.
I did buy some tomato plants, I would really love to get some tomatoes this year.

1 comment:

Aleesha said...

I totally love Spring too! Hope you guys are doing well!
♥ Aleesha